Whether you have had a long week, a heavy meal or overindulged in a few beverages, your body will need a detox once in a while. Here are 5 of the easiest ways to detox that require little money and hardly any effort that will have you hitting reboot on your body:
1. Hot water with lemon juice – start your day with this and your digestive system will love you.
2. Coconut oil pulling – swish around a table spoon of mouth for 20 minutes, spit and rinse. Sounds weird, yes, but it will rid your mouth of all the toxins and bacteria before they enter your body.
3. Sweat – whether you sit in a sauna for an hour, do a hot yoga class or run up a mountain, you will go from feeling a million baht to a million bucks!
4. A shot of apple cider vinegar – this potent liquid might stink like smelly feet but it does wonders for your body. Research shows that it can help stimulate cardiovascular circulation and help detoxify the liver.
5. Fast – not eating for 24 hours might sound daunting but once you have given your digestive system a well-earned break your post- weekend recovery will be a breeze. Drink a tonne of water to flush that system out.