What is the best thing about being a pig? eating. The second best thing about being a pig? Sharing a pig pen with like-minded pigs! Here is a simple and delicious prawn and pasta dish which was perfectly prepared by a fellow pig pen pal, Justin.
What you need:
- 1kg Green Prawns shelled and de-veined
- Freshly made pasta
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2x small chillies finely chopped
- Zest of half a lemon
- 3 x punnets of cherry tomatoes
- Salt, petter and olive oil
What you need to do:
- Coat tomatoes in oil and seasoning and roast in oven until shrivelled and cooked
- Mix all the other ingredients in a bowl and set aside for pan frying in olive oil
- Cook fresh pasta in Salted boiling water when the tomatoes start to blister
- Throw the green prawns in frying pan and mix in the roasted tomatoes
- Add the perfectly cooked pasta to sauce mix and make sure the prawns don’t over cook
- Serve and top it off with a squeeze of lemon and a good handful of chopped parsley.
Any pasta can be used for this dish, any pasta is good pasta in the eye of this pig but make sure it is either made at home or fresh from the farmers markets.