It is officially winter and incredibly cold and that means one thing… soup time. I am a long time soup lover, but find a lot can leave me hungry if they aren’t hearty enough, but his recipe its the spot – super healthy, super easy, filling, comforting and super tasty.
What you need:
- 1/2 a red onion, diced
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1L of chicken or veggie stock
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 8 sprigs of thyme
- 50-100g of pasta (shells or spirals)
- Big bunch of kale roughly chopped
- 1 can of borlotti beans
- 100-250g ham off the bone chopped finely
- Parmesan to serve
What you need to do:
- Heat large pan and add olive oil, onions and garlic until fragrant and soft, then add stock, tomatoes and thyme
- Once the mixture is boiling, add the pasta, beans, ham and kale and leave on heat until the pasta has cooked
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, serve into bowls and top with freshly grated parmesan.